Many costly restorative treatments (root canals, extractions, gum grafts) can be prevented through good oral hygiene habits and regular dental cleanings and exams at our Los Lunas, New Mexico dental practice.
Preventative treatments are highly affordable. Most dental insurance plans cover most or all of the costs associated with twice-a-year cleanings and exams. We welcome most dental insurance plans and are in an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Indian Health Services.
Benefits of Preventative Care
Preventative treatments avert serious dental problems from developing. Two leading dental problems that we can help you prevent are tooth decay and gum disease. Advanced tooth decay can place you at high risk of needing a tooth extraction or root canal. Gum disease remains the leading cause of tooth loss in this country, according to the National Institutes of Health.
Dental cleanings can treat mild cases of gum disease while sealants can reduce your risk of developing decay. Patients have an important role to play in preventing dental problems by observing good oral hygiene habits and visiting our office twice a year for cleanings.
If our doctors do find dental problems like tooth decay, the early stages of those issues can be treated without the need for extensive drilling or anesthesia. Preventative care is also very affordable. We offer an in-office dental plan that includes two free cleanings a year. Lack of dental insurance should never stand in the way of affordable preventative treatments.
Preventative Treatment Options
To treat minor dental problems and prevent future ones, our office multiple preventative treatment options. Preventative treatments can be administered during your twice-a-year visits for checkups and cleanings.
- Checkups and cleanings: Professional cleanings and exams are the most important preventative treatment any dentist offers. For patients, the convenient cleanings can prevent the development of tooth decay and gum disease. If your cleaning includes an exam, one of our doctors will be able to look for signs of dental problems. Early interventions can save you time and money.
- Ultrasonic scaling: During your dental cleaning, you can benefit from ultrasonic scaling. The device uses high-frequency vibrations to loosen calcified plaque on your teeth. Many of our patients report that ultrasonic scaling is more comfortable than traditional scaling techniques.
- Bruxism appliances: If you grind your teeth at night, your teeth can become worn, chipped, or cracked. A comfortable bruxism appliance can place a protective barrier between your teeth so they do not come into contact while you sleep.
- Sealants: Sealants place a protective layer of plastic over your molars. The deep crevices of molars are prone to developing tooth decay.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that hardens enamel. Topical applications of fluoride under the supervision of a member of our dental team can protect your teeth from decay.
Schedule Your Preventative Treatment Today
Dental cleanings and exams are covered by many dental insurance companies. If you do not have insurance, our office offers an affordable in-office plan that includes free cleanings and discounts on other dental services.
The best way to stay ahead of tooth decay and gum disease is through convenient, affordable preventative care at our office. To schedule your next visit, call (505) 865-4341.